Thursday, October 26, 2017

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat Review

A couple months ago I made an unfortunate discovery: I was all out of my favourite fast-drying top coat, Avon's Quick Dry Nail Enamel Spray. And since it's an Avon product, it's not exactly something I can run out to Shoppers' for. Thankfully I remembered that several Topboxes ago, I received a sample of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. It was time to test this product out.

Since then I've used Seche Vite a few times and I can understand why it's such a hyped product. Seche, the company behind this item describes it as a, "Specially formulated fast drying top coat delivers the plumping effect of a gel in a glossy, high shine nish without the use of a UV/LED light!" I have no idea what a "nish" (no, that's not a typo on my end) but it sounds like Seche Vite is suppose to make regular nail polish look like a gel polish while speeding up drying time.

There's no question that this product is great at speeding up drying time. Twice I used Seche Vite on one set of nails while letting the other set dry normally and both times the side that used Seche Vite dried multiple minutes faster. The results were dry, strong nails that were glossy, though how much glossier depended on the colour and texture of my polish.

I always waited a few minutes before I applied this top coat and, thanks to my patience, this product went on easily every time, never once screwing up my nail colour. I also always just needed one light coat to get the results that I wanted. Unfortunately Seche Vite didn't give my polish any extra life but then it doesn't really make that claim.

While my little split test did prove to me that this product works, I do wish that I could compare it to Avon's Quick Dry Nail Enamel Spray. I'm curious to see if one dries faster than the other or is superior in some other way.

Seche Vite retails for around $12, which does seem a bit high for a top coat. However, it does work. Its packaging is nothing special but then again, it's a top coat, there are only so many ways it can be bottled up and still be functional.

Would I buy this product: I liked it and it worked but the price... Mind you my preferred fast-drying top coat is a hassle to get so yeah, maybe I will end up buying this product.

Should you buy this product: If it's in your budget, go for it, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment