Thursday, August 24, 2017

Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Ink Liner Review

Earlier this week I raved about Make Up For Ever's Aqua XL Color Paint, a fantastic eyeshadow that goes on like silk and delivers anywhere from a subtle kiss of colour to technicolour dream, depending on how much product you apply. Now it's time to rave about Color Paint's eye liner companion, Aqua XL Ink Liner.

I also received this item for free from MUFE but that has nothing to do with this very flattering review. Instead, I love this liner because it's actually easy to apply. Okay, my beloved Buxom Insider Eyeliner is still the easiest liner to put on but this one's a close second (and that Buxom liner is now discontinued).

MUFE explains that this liner goes on so easily because, "the semi-flex applicator allows a lining range from high-precision to extra thick coloring." That applicator, combined with the liner's smooth, silky formula, meant that even my uneven hand could line my eyes just right.

And it's a good thing that this liner is easy to apply because once its ink-like formula is on your skin, it's on your skin. MUFE claims that,"Aqua Xl Ink Liner stays all day long" and that it is "Smudge-proof and extra-long lasting." This not an exaggerated claim. I swatched this product on the back of my hand and one shower, two days and multiple hand washes later, it was still there, with little fading or smudging. When I tried this liner out on my eyes, it also always stayed exactly in place, despite my tendency to touch my eyes approximately 156 times a day.

Of course the downside to all this staying power is that this is a rather difficult eye makeup to wash off. I definitely put Clinique's Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent to work with this item.

Then there's the colour. According to MUFE, "This waterproof liquid eyeliner contours your eyes with intense color and a luminous texture." My sample was in Diamond Brown, a glossy, rich shade that really help make my eyes pop. Unlike with Color Paint, there's no going subtle with this product's colours but since it's an eye liner, I think that's okay. MUFE offers this product in 15 shades, from the predictable browns and blacks to gold and even turquoise.


Each liner retails for $30, not cheap but just like with Color Paint, this is one of those items that will last and last.

Would I buy this product: Yes and I'll making a "must-have" item.

Should you buy this product: This one is an easy yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment