Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask Review

I received this new-ish Garnier product in my April Topbox but I only busted it out at the end of May. I had a wedding to attend and, wanting to look my best, I decided to test this mask's claim that it "...replumps the skin with moisture, enhances radiance and reduces the appearance of fine lines."

According to Garnier, this mask does this by containing the, "equivalent to the concentration of hydrating glycerin in Moisture Bomb Day Cream used daily for 1 week." It also contains hyaluronic acid and pomegranate, which when combined with the glycerin create, "A hydrating bomb of efficacy for dehydrated skin." And according to the 54 women who participated in Garnier's self-reporting study on this product, the vast majority of them found that his mask left them with fresh, radiant skin that wasn't wasn't oily looking or feeling.

If I'd been included in that study, I would have agreed with all of those statements. Immediately following the removal of this mask, I could easily see that my skin looked plumper, brighter and happier. The appearance of my dreaded forehead lines was visibly reduced and overall, my skin had a healthy glow to it. I was actually quite pleased with the results.

Then I went to bed.

When I work up in the morning my skin looked pretty much like it did pre-mask. Maybe it was a touch brighter/fresher-looking but my forehead lines were back and it just didn't look as good as it did immediately following my de-masking. So what I should have done is applied this product the afternoon of the wedding; then I would have gotten the most use out of it.

To be fair, Garnier doesn't claim that this is a long-lasting product, just that it's one that delivers a big shot of hydration. And it did do that so I can't really complain about this item.

Well, I can complain about one aspect. This is a "tissue mask" meaning it's composed of a piece of roughly face-shaped tissue has been soaked in the mask solution. I'm not a big fan of this style of mask because I don't feel that it provides the same coverage as a traditional non-tissue/fabric/whatever-you-call-it mask. Yes, I do rub the solution on the various bits of skin that the mask base doesn't cover but that just makes me think, what's the point of the base? Also, it looks stupid on.

This one is no different (though maybe a bit less cold feeling than other fabric masks I've used). It's awkward to put on, it didn't cover every inch of my face and yep, it made me look ridiculous. But it never irritated my skin and once on, it did stay in place. It was also easy to remove.

This product retails for around $3, which is an appropriate price for something that delivers good but temporary results.

Would I buy this product: No; it just wasn't good enough to make up for it being a tissue mask.

Should you buy this product: If you like tissue masks and are looking for an affordable option that will give you a temporary blast of hydration then yes, pick this one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment