Tuesday, May 2, 2017

John Frieda Frizz Ease Miraculous Recovery Deep Conditioner Review

I received my full-size jar of John Frieda's Frizz Ease Miraculous Recovery Deep Conditioner as a freebie from... Shoppers Drug Mart maybe? I can't remember; it showed up at my house a couple months ago but I only cracked it open just before Easter.

John Frieda describes this product "...is an intense weekly treatment..." that will "visibly repair and fortify dry, heat-damaged, frizzy hair and help protect against breakage." Using "our Amino Repair Complex" it "...leaves hair moisturised, silky, and shiny."

In my experience, many hair masks produce the same results as a regular conditioner that's just left on extra-long. To see if this one was any different, I tested it out a few different ways and found that while this product did leave my hair soft, shiny and moisturized, it didn't do a better job than leaving my conditioner on extra-long and then apply a leave-in hair treatment.

This product did do an amazing job at making my hair feel silky while in the shower. But once it was rinsed out and my hair was dried, that silky soft feeling diminished quite a bit. The results were definitely better than if I had just used conditioner and no leave-in treatment but in a split-head test were half my head received the Deep Conditioner and the other half conditioner and Dove's Regenerative Nourishment Serum Oil, the latter combo left my hair just a little bit smoother and shinier.

In another split head test, I used the Deep Conditioner on all my hair but then used Revlon Professional UniqOne All in One Coconut Hair Treatment (review on this product TK) on one half. Again, the results weren't dramatic but they were visible and the winning side was easily the hair that also received the leave-in treatment.

Despite this product being part of the Frizz Ease line, it didn't really do much to fight frizz in my hair. Instead, it was better at adding shine and softness. It also never weighted down my hair, just some hair masks have a nasty tendency of doing.

If you were someone who didn't normally condition your hair I could see this product having a place in your life but otherwise it's really just another jar to clutter your bathroom with.

As you would expect, this hair mask has a thick texture. It easily coated my wet hair and didn't slide off during the three-five minutes that you're supposed to leave it on. But despite that staying power, it also washed off cleanly. There is a mild scent that's a little sweet and a little tart. I quite liked it and wished that it lingered.

Miraculous Recovery retails for around $8. The packaging is nothing special, just a plastic, open-mouth jar, but it does the job.

Would I buy this product: No, it didn't wow me.

Should you buy this product: Skip it and save your money for a great leave-in hair treatment or deep conditioning salon treatment instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment