Tuesday, October 18, 2016

My October 2016 Topbox

When I received this month's Topbox sneak peek email, I busted out laughing. The first listed item was nail lacquer, an item I could use since on Saturday night, my baby broke a bottle of nail polish all over my bathroom floor (and her naked legs). It was quite the mess but thankfully my Husband and I were able to clean up most of it (though I think we're still going to have to repaint a section of wall and baseboard).

The bottle she broke contained red polish (of course). The email didn't list what colour I was getting so I was hoping that I wouldn't get red, as it's not a colour I generally wear. And perhaps as the universe's way of balancing out Saturday night, I received a colour that not only isn't red but is also one that I actually like.

Here's what I received this month:
  • Ciaté London Nail Lacquer in She's Electric (full size)
  • Dr. Roebucks PURE Day and Night Cream (30ml)
  • Eyeko London Fat Eye Stick (full size)
  • Harvey Prince Organics Keravegan Hair Masque (30ml)
It's not the biggest or the best box of the year but it is very well-rounded, with something for my nails, skin, face and hair. All boxes should aim to have at minimum these four elements.

I'm most intrigued by the Fat Eye Stick. A smokey eye is one of the few defined looks that I can actually pull off but I'm not sure if I could pull it off with such a fat pencil. I guess I'll find out.

Since I'm running low on a day cream, I'm quite happy that this box contained a new moisturizer and a "fancy" one at that. A full 100ml jar of Dr. Roebucks PURE retails for $55. My 30ml sample is a nice, healthy size that should really let me see if this cream is worth the money.

The hair masque is also a rather pricey item, for a hair masque anyway, retailing at over $30. I'm actually behind in my hair masque testing (I always forget to move them from my beauty cabinet to the shower) so I don't really need this product. But still, I'll get to it eventually, especially since it's a brand that I've never used before.

And really, despite losing a bottle on Saturday, I don't need another nail polish (and especially not one from Ciaté, a brand I've already very familiar with). But this one's in such a toe-perfect shade that I'll definitely be using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment