Thursday, September 15, 2016

Bioré Baking Soda Pore Cleanser Review

Let's start with a disclosure: I received Biore's Baking Soda Pore Cleanser for free, as part of Topbox's Glam Sense program. Often these programs send you a full-sized product but not this time. Instead, I received a deluxe-sized tube of this mostly liquid cleanser.

At first I was worried that this size wouldn't give me enough product to test it out but it turns out that one small tube can pack a lot of cleanser. I ended up using this item one-twice a day for over three weeks; more than enough time to see how well this product really cleans.

According to Bioré, this item "...deep cleans and exfoliates dry, flaky, skin, letting your skin feel clean, soft and smooth!" It's designed for combination skin, which I have, and uses "natural baking soda" to leave "...pores 91% cleaner."

I found that this cleanser did a good job at dealing with the dry side of combination skin. While using it, I experienced no dry patches and my skin always felt soft and hydrated, never irritated.

Unfortunately, the cleanser was less successful at fighting the other side of combination skin: blemishes. When I started using this product, I already had a couple of pimples that were emerging. Biore Baking Soda Pore Cleanser did nothing to stop or shrink them, nor did it prevent other pimples, blackheads and whiteheads. While this cleanser did leave my face feeling deeply cleaned, I don't think it was removing dirt and oil as efficiently as I needed it to.

While I didn't love all of this cleanser's results, I did like the texture. It's a liquid product, that has just a touch of grit to it for a gentle but noticeable scrubbing sensation. It also washed off cleanly and quickly and didn't leave any kind of a scent.

As with the Deep Cleansing Pore Strips, this item can be found in most drugstores at a very reasonable price, around $8. It's packaged in a pump bottle, which is the perfect design for this type of product.

Would I buy this product: Not right now but I would consider buying it when my skin's feeling a little happier.

Should you buy this product: If you have combination skin that's in reasonable shape, this cleaner might be a good match for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment