Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Pūr~lisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum Review

Never judge a brand by a single product. I had that experience earlier this month, when I tried out a disappointing Joe Fresh mascara but then got a hold of Joe Fresh lip gloss that I now use almost daily. Now I'm experiencing it again but with two products made by Pūr~lisse, a company that uses "authentic time-tested Asian beauty wisdom with advance French cosmeceuticals" to create a line of beauty products. Let's start with the disappointing product, Pūr~lisse's Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore serum.

According to Pūr~lisse, this "intensive eye serum" fights against, "wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness, while hydrating and lifting the delicate eye area." It achieves these results by using French marine plants, something called "Matrixyl 3000 peptide complex" and of course blue lotus extract, "a powerhouse antioxidant with anti-inflammatory benefits known to combat against free radical damage." All of these ingredients and more combine to create a supposedly "proven complex" but the product's info page doesn't contain any links to any peer-reviewed studies.

Initially I used this serum under both of my eyes but then, about three weeks ago, I decided to only apply it under my left eye. I applied it one-to-two times a day and I wasn't cheap with the amount of product I used.

The results? Pretty minimal. As the mother of a child that sleeps in four-hour chunks, I have dark under-eye circles and some puffiness. The size of the dark circle under my left eye does now look a touch smaller than the size of the circle under my right eye but both circles are equally dark and puffy.

The serum did provide a touch of immediate impact in the form of moisture. After applying this product, the skin under my left eye always looked better hydrated than the skin under my right eye. Because of that, and because this product didn't interfere with makeup usage, I do agree with Pūr~lisse's claim that that this serum has a "hydrating, lightweight formula" that "ensures a smooth application under makeup."

That formula did feel nice on my skin and absorbed quickly and completely. It also has a light, fresh fragrance.

This product retails for $65, which is a lot for something that provided only a marginal impact. But at least for that price you get a pretty, pump bottle.

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: No.

No comments:

Post a Comment