Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My January 2016 Topbox

My January 2016 Topbox
Dear Topbox, please make all of my 2016 boxes as great as this one. If you do that, I'll be guaranteed to renew while into the future.

My January box is a great mix of product types and all of the samples are large enough that I'll really get to try them out and see if they work for me.

Here are the four items that make up my first Topbox of the year:

  • Teeez Trend Read My Lips Lipstick in Roulette Rouge (full size)
  • Bioderma Hydrabio Lait Moisturizing Cleansing Milk (full size)
  • Lise Watier 24 Hrs Glam Mascara (5ml) 
  • Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Smoothing Primer (5ml)

I don't normally comment on the "worth" of my box since samples, even deluxe ones, are free but this box contains two full-sized products. The lip product runs $29 while the cleanser is $22. That means that this box is genuinely worth $51. Considering that I only pay $12 a month for this service, my January Topbox is a terrific deal.

And it's a terrific box. While I'm looking forward to using all of these product, I'm most curious about the lipstick as it's not a product or a brand that I'm familiar with. I also have high hopes for the cleanser since Bioderma usually creates effective products that also feel luxurious.

I'm even happy about the mascara, even though it's an item that I'm already familiar with. I need a new mascara and while it would have been nice to try out a brand new product, 24 Hrs Glam mascara is a fantastic item and I know that it will deliver the results I'm looking for.

In addition to the four samples, my box also came with a coupon good for a free sample of Make Up For Ever's Ultra HD foundation. While I know that some people hate these pick-up-in-store offers, they make complete sense for a product like foundation that requires a precise colour match. Now true, I have already tried out this particular foundation but as with the mascara, this product is a fantastic one and it'll be nice to have a sample size for travel purposes.

While I always look forward to my Topbox, now I'm really looking forwards to February's; will it be able to outdo January's box?

No comments:

Post a Comment