Monday, November 16, 2015

My November 2015 Topbox

2015 has been a fantastic year for my Topbox subscription. If I had to give it a grade, it would be at least a B+, if not more likely an A-. While my boxes haven't always been 100 per cent amazing, for the most part, they've been pretty close. In fact, in all of 2015, I've yet to receive a dud box, until now.

Unfortunately, my November Topbox is just plain disappointing. Yes, it's a good mix of products, with good sample sizes, and there's even an item from Benefit but still, it's really a blah box. Here's what I received:

  • THEFACESHOP Character Mask - Brightening 
  • Revlon Professional Style Masters Modular Hairspray 
  • Nova Scotia Fisherman Lip Balm
  • Benefit Cosmetics Air Patrol Eyelid Primer

For some people, this wouldn't be a bad box for me it is. I am already super familiar with THEFACESHOP's sheet masks and, being pregnant, currently don't need a brightening product (though maybe come December, this item might be useful). I also have no need for a bottle of hairspray.

I could always use another lip balm and when I first saw the tube of Nova Scotia Fisherman Lip Balm, I was excited. Then I cracked it open, went to apply it to my lips and was immediately hit by the scent of sea salt and caramel. Yep, this lip balm smells like a type of candy that I'm not really a fan of. To make matters worse, in addition to having a strong, unpleasant-to-me scent, this lip balm has a dry texture that isn't deliver any noticeable hydration.

Finally, there's the eyelid primer. I will use this product though it's not something I need and isn't exactly a fun product, though it does some impressive claims of support attached to it. Of all of the items in the box, this is the one that I'm most looking forward to and it's a skincare product. Yep, definitely a bust of a box.


No comments:

Post a Comment