Friday, July 17, 2015

My July 2015 Topbox

Topbox gave us subscribers a ton of Privé box options for July and I decided to request the Bobbi Brown one. Bobbi Brown is one of those brands that I don't have much experience with and it's not exactly cheap so I decided a Bobbi Brown Privé box would be a great way to get to know it. While you're never guaranteed to receive your Privé pick, I've found that you almost always get your selection and this month was no exception to that experience.

Compared to some of my recent Topboxes, this one was a bit disappointing, especially since it only contained these three items (which, to be fair, I was told in advance):
  • Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss
  • Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil
  • Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara
Additionally, I received a coupon for a Bobbi Brown "makeup lesson of your choice and personalized face chart, plus an instant long-wear makeup remover deluxe sample," which sounds great except it needs to be redeemed at Bobbi Brown's Holt Renfrew location. I'm not a fan of that store because I just never feel comfortable going in a Holt Renfrew. Basically, it makes me feel poor. 

But at least getting to a Holt Renfrew is no problem for me, a resident of central Toronto. This offer kind of sucks if you live in rural or even some parts of suburban Canada. For that reason alone, I hope that Topbox doesn't get in the habit of regularly including these kinds of offers, especially in lieu of another product. 

Of the three products I did receive, I'm most looking forward to trying out the mascara because I'm in need of new one. I actually plan on using this weekend. I'll also be trying out the lip gloss. When I first saw it in the Topbox baggie, I thought it was a clear gloss but it's actually a light pink, which isn't bad, it's just not as versatile as a clear one. Still, it's pretty and I think I'll get some use of it.

As for the cleansing oil, I'll give it a shot. Maybe it'll be the cleansing oil that finally makes me understand why some people absolutely love this type of product.

No comments:

Post a Comment