Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Nivea In-shower Body Moisturizer Skin Conditioner

One of the benefits of being a Spark Sessions attendee is that you get to try out new products before the general public does. This year, one of those products was Nivea’s In-shower Body Moisturizer Skin Conditioner, an item that’s currently available overseas but not due out in Canada until I believe this month.

While you use this product in the shower, it’s not a body wash. Instead, it’s “a new and more convenient way to moisturize” that lets you “quickly moisturize before you even get out of the shower.” After bathing, but while still in the shower, you apply this creamy product all over your body and then immediately rinse it off. According to Nivea, the moisturizer is “…activated by water and immediately absorb(s) into the skin. It leaves a nourishing and caring film on the skin surface without a sticky feeling.” As a result, Nivea says that this product means, “…gone are the days where you need to wait around for your skin to absorb moisturiser after showering, and with no greasy after-feeling, you can slip clothes straight on and carry on with your day.”

I’ve been using this product for over a month now though I will admit that I don’t use it every time I shower. Applying this shower really is quick and simple but sometimes it’s extra step that I either forget about or just don’t have time for it. Also, I haven’t really been seeing any results that are encouraging me to use this moisturizer every time I shower.

When I first read about this product, I thought it would be perfect for someone like me who bathes using a scrub, and not some kind of moisturizing shower gel. Sure, using it would be an extra step but if it led to softer skin, it would be worth it.

Unfortunately, the only time I noticed a change in the condition of my skin while using this product was for the few days when I skipped using my regular post-shower body lotion. My skin was tighter, drier and it was clear that this product wasn’t a replacement for regular body lotion.

I switched back to using a post-shower moisturizer and thought that maybe the Nivea product would enhance my existing moisturizing routine and boost it to the next level. But no, it didn’t.

While it didn’t pack a noticeable punch of moisture, it did absorb pretty much instantly and there was no greasy or sticky feeling. Even the scent was fleeting, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on your preferences.

Personally, I had mix feelings on how this product smells. While my In-shower Body Moisturizer Skin Conditioner for Dry Skin contains almond oil, it sadly did not smell like almonds. Instead, it had a powdery scent that was rather soothing. Some days I quite liked it while other days I found that the smell reminded me of an old woman.

There are two versions of this product, the one for dry skin that I used and another version for normal skin that’s made with sea minerals. My understanding is that both forms will soon be on Canadian shelves. They are packaged in your typical plastic squeeze bottles, nothing fancy but it does the job.

I don’t have any official pricing details on this product but based on what I could find on the internet, it seems like it will retail between $8 and $13, which seems completely reasonable to me.

Will I buy this product: Probably not as I didn’t notice any real benefits from using it.

Should you buy this product: Because of its reasonable price, this is one of those products that’s easy to take a chance on. Maybe it will work better for you than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment