Friday, December 19, 2014

Benefit Gimme Brow Brow-Volumizing Fiber Gel

On Wednesday, I focused on a skin care trend so it only makes sense to focus today’s post on a beauty trend: Full brows. I fully support this trend as full brows are, for me anyway, easier to maintain and pull off than thin, overplucked brows (I think this is true for the majority of people).

For the most part, my brows are well-behaved and but they aren’t overly thick. Enter Benefit’s Gimme Brow Brow-Volumizing Fiber Gel, a product that I received in my Spark Sessions swag bag.

 This is a new member for the Benefit family and like all Benefit products, it has a cute name and even cuter packaging. But does it work?
First, let’s establish what it’s suppose to do. Says Benefit, “This innovative brush-on fiber gel adheres to skin & hair…creating brows where before there were none. It builds easily for thick, lush arches, thanks to a tapered brush for blending & precision tip for shaping.” “

Creating brows where before there were none” sounds ambitious but at least on me, this is exactly what happened and indeed, the results were “natural-looking” and “long-wearing.” According to “Results observed in consumer panel survey:”
  • 97% said brows looked fuller
  • 100% said it was smudge proof
  • 100% said it looked natural
  • 94% said results were long-wearing* 
I agree with all of those results. This product, which is easily applied thanks to the comb-like applicator, stayed exactly where I put it on my brows. However, if I did accidentally apply it on my skin, it quickly wiped off.

Much to my surprise, this gel didn’t look weird or fake. I think this was largely due to the subtle colour of this product. It’s available in two shades, “light-medium” and “medium/deep.” I went with the “light-medium” colour and the results, as you can see below, are quite natural.

But while everything looks nice and normal, this product did initially leave my brows feeling a bit stiff and odd. Thankfully, that sensation only lasted a few minutes and soon after application, I’d forgotten that I was even wearing something on my brows.

Gimme Brow retails for $26 over at Sephora. While how much you’ll use depends on how sparse your brows are, I suspect that I’ll be tossing this product out for sanitary reasons before I use it all up.

Would I buy this product: Yeah, I might as it definitely works.

Should you buy this product: This is one of those “bonus” products that I think I lot of people could get away without using. However, it you have brows that are on the sparser side or if you just want a really polished, trendy look, you should look into picking this product up.

No comments:

Post a Comment