Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My August 2014 Topbox

After a string of amazing Topboxes, I finally got one that’s a bit of a dud. It wasn’t a surprise. The day I received my shipping notification, I started watching Topbox’s Facebook page to see what other people were receiving. While some people were very happy with their boxes, the items they listed receiving weren’t really catching my eye.

Well, there was one thing and thankfully I got it, along with three other items:

  • Barefoot Venue Macadamia Oil Hand Cream (80 ml)
  • LAQA & Co Bees Knees Sheer Lip Lube Pencil (maybe full-sized?)
  • Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle Correcting Eye Cream (5 ml)
  • Belvada Cosmetics Nail Polish Remover (28 pads)

The last item is the one that got my attention and that I’m glad I received as it’s something I’d like to try out however, because it seems sort of wasteful, wouldn’t have bought myself.

I’ll certainly use both the hand cream and the Lip Lube pencil; I’ve used both items a couple of times and they are quite nice and effective. They’re just both a bit dull.

As for the eye cream, I don’t know if I’ll actually use this product since I don’t (yet) need eye cream. I guess I could try it on my forehead lines; maybe it’ll have a positive impact there.

While I’m not wowed with this box, I’m not about to cancel my subscription. Part of the fun of getting a Topbox is the surprise aspect of it and unfortunately, that element of uncertainly means that sometimes you’re going to end up a little disappointed. But then other times you end up with some pretty amazing items that you otherwise wouldn't have discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment