Monday, May 19, 2014

My May 2014 Topbox

My last couple of Topboxes have both been a little on the dull side so I was thrilled to open this month's box (actually a bag instead of the usual cardboard tube; a switch I love) and see both colour and makeup. There was also a really nice variety of items:
  • Kinetics Nail Colour in Splatter It! (full-size)
  • Lancome Hypnose Doll Mascara (4 ml)
  • Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion SPF 15 (5 ml)
  • Benefit Posiebalm Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm (0.5 g)
As a bonus, there's also a coupon and a small container that one is supposed to take to The Hudson Bay and redeem for a 10-day sample of Lancome foundation. While I kind of wish I'd just received the sample in my Topbox, I can see how this approach might be better as it will allow people to get the right shade. I'm curious though to see the feedback that Topbox gets with this item; I can see a lot of people not liking it since not everyone can easily pop over to The Bay. Thankfully, that's not an issue for me; I was able to pick up my sample over the weekend without any issues.

I'm not really sure which of these items I'm most looking forward to trying out; they all look great and are all products that I want to try. including the foundation.

However, if I had to pick an item I'd have to go with the nail polish because of the colour: It's a black-and-white speckled shade that's unlike anything I currently own. It's different but I like how it looks in the bottle and I'm hoping that it looks just as good on my nails.


No comments:

Post a Comment