Monday, February 24, 2014

Make Up For Ever HD Cream Blush

My freebies: #335 (Fawn) and #410 (Coral)
Yesterday morning, I was up at the highly unnatural time of 6 am in order to catch the gold-medal hockey game. But while I didn’t feel 100%, my face at least looked bright and alert thanks to Make Up For Ever’s new  HD Cream Blush.

I received my new blush for free at MUFE-sponsored event on Saturday morning. Inside the party room of an east-end condo building, I learned about this new product; had a makeup artist select the right shade for me and show me how to apply it; ate some free food and drank some David’s Tea. At the end, I received a gift bag that in addition to my blush shade also contained a MUFE Artisan blush brush (#150), a coupon for a free David’s Tea and a second blush, this one in a coral shade that MUFE says in universally flattering.

So what makes this new blush so special? According to MUFE, it’s all about the ingredients: silicone oils, dry oils and waxes “offer infinite blendability in a long-last formula” while “silica powders and synthetic mica allow for a smooth, comfortable texture, while delivery a satin, soft-focus finish” and “clear mother-of-pearl and pigments give natural colour with a luminous finish for a radiant, healthy glow.”

That’s a mouth-full but it’s also completely accurate. This blush goes on and blends as beautifully as it looks. It really is a creamy and yes, “comfortable” product that works nicely either over or under your finishing powder. And like all MUFE products, this one lasts and lasts. That blush I put on at 6 am? It’s still going strong.

But not too strong; instead, this blush gives me the “extremely natural flush of colour” that MUFE promises.

That colour is #335 (Fawn); a browny shade that I never would have picked out for myself. But as soon as the makeup artist put it on me, I was a fan. It wasn’t too bright or too loud but still added colour. It also added definition thanks to the technique that the makeup artist showed me to use: Start just below the outer tip of my eyebrow and apply over my cheeks in a figure-eight pattern.

The blush is available in 16 shades, and I think most people should be able to find a colour that works on their skin.

Makeup_For_Ever_Make_Up_Cream_Blush_HD_reviews
Just a few of the colour options
The price might be another matter. Retailing at Sephora for $31, this is not a cheap product. However, because it has high colour pickup and is accurately pigmented, you don’t need a ton of product to get the results you want. This means that one pan of blush should last you months and months.

Would I buy this product: Yes! And no, I’m just saying that because I got this product for free; it really is a great blush (yes, I think even better than my current blush favourite, theBalm’s Instain blush.

Should you buy this product: Are you a regular blush wearer? If so, then yes, you’ll want to pick up one of these new MUFE blushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment