Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Mud Spa Mask

For Christmas I received eight new one-time use face masks. But this review isn’t about one of those products. Instead, it’s about the face mask that I got in my Influenster #MapleVoxBox: The Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Mud Spa mask.

This new product is a “mud infused” fabric face mask that contains “intensely invigorating and revitalizing Dead Sea minerals” and “nutrient rich seaweed and kelp.” Along with a few other ingredients, these are supposed to deliver “a satisfying boost for thirsty skin and then some!”

I didn’t notice a difference in my skin’s moisture level after wearing this mask for the recommended 15 minutes but my face did look brighter and felt softer. This mask also did a great job at pulling (for lack of a better term) impurities to the surface of my skin. It didn’t actually remove them but then this product doesn’t make any pore-cleaning claims. It just says that it will create an “extraordinary cleansing experience” and yeah, it sort of does do that. I don’t think I’ve ever had a face mask that prepared my face so efficiently for manual extractions. Gunk that I didn’t even know was in my pores was brought to the surface and sufficiently softened, allowing for easier removal.

But while this product has some good points, including the fact that Montagne Jeunesse doesn’t test on animals and is a vegan product, it’s not perfect. First there is the scent. It sort of smells like cheap aftershave. Thankfully it disappears once the mask is removed but while that mask is on, oh, you’ll smell.
Montagne_Jeunesse_Dead_Sea_Mud_Spa_mask_on_example_facemask
So hot

I’m also not crazy about how fabric aspect of this mask. I know some people say that fabric masks are easy to use (including 90% of women who tested out this product) but I find them to be a bit of a pain. Because they have to be one-size-fits-all, they never fit quite right and so my skin is never properly covered. I also don’t find them less messy than a traditional mask because the fabric is always coated with mud/gel/whatever that ends up all over my fingers as well as in my hair since the mask is always bigger than my face.

I also find these masks a little wasteful. With a traditional mask, you can apply just the right amount of product but with the fabric ones, you end up using far more than you need.  And while many traditional face masks are sold in packets that are marketed as one-time use, I find that you can usually get two or even three applications out of one packet, something that obviously can’t be done with the other kind.

Would I buy this product: Maybe. While the application process isn’t ideal for me, this mask did do a fantastic job at bringing the gunk out of my pores. It’s also cheap (under $4) so there’s that going for it too.

Should you buy this product: If you’re a fabric face mask fan then the answer is an easy “Yes!”

No comments:

Post a Comment