Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My September 2013 Topbox

Fellow Topbox receivers, did your Canada Post delivery notification state that your box was coming from BC? Mine did and I figured that’s why it was taking longer than usual (it was shipped on the 10th but didn’t show up until September 16). But then the shipping label on my box said that it was sent from Geary Avenue in Toronto. Very odd.

Anyway, my box did eventually show up and in it was another great grouping of products:
  • Cover FX Anity-aging Primer (5 ml) 
  • Kérastase’s Elixir Ultime (3 ml) 
  • Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara (2.8 ml)
  • Lise Watier Ombre Soufflé Supreme in Sunrise Peach and Vert enchante (2 x 0.2 g) 
  • Katy Perry Killer Queen fragrance (1.5 ml) 
  • Chatelaine’s September double issue 
This month Topbox paired up with Chatelaine, which is why a copy of the magazine was included (there’s also a bonus sign-up offer that I’ll be skipping since I’ll be getting a subscription to the magazine via another route that you can read about in my next post).

To accommodate the magazine, everything was packaged in a bigger, and prettier, tube that was then placed in a small box. While I quite like the tube, the extra box was rather wasteful.

But none of what was inside that box will be going to waste; I plan on using everything that I received
this month. My current mascara is in the process of drying out so I think I’ll be trying the Estee Lauder out tomorrow, along with the primer (I have a couple other primers on the go but I’m not loving either of them).

I’ll likely also try out one of the Lise Watier eyeshadows tomorrow though I wish these were packaged better. They’re supposed to have a mousse-like texture and, since they aren’t in a re-sealable container, I’m worried that they’re going to dry out before I can use them up.

The hair oil, which I’ve previously received in a Luxe Box and quite liked, will be used once I’ve finished up my current hair oil. And the fragrance, well, I’ll use it at some point.

This is now my fourth Topbox and all of them have been great! If you’re looking for a beauty subscription service, I highly recommend it.  If you want an invite, please feel free to email me and ask for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment