Thursday, July 25, 2013

Olay CC Cream – Total Effects Tone Correcting Moisturizer

There’s no denying that this is one cool-looking product. Containing two spirals of cream inside a clear tube, it looks all science-y and high tech. Plus it’s a CC cream (colour and correction), which as I’m sure you already know is the latest trend in skin care products.

Unfortunately, the packaging is about the best part of this product. Okay, that’s not completely true; it does contain SPF 15 and it does feel nice on my skin. But besides that, this product is actually pretty unimpressive.

According to Olay, this moisturizer provides “sheer, natural coverage” that fights the following signs of aging: Fine lines and wrinkles; uneven tone, age spots and dryness while providing gentle exfoliation and improving the “moisture barrier” and skin’s luminosity.

I guess it does provide “sheer, natural coverage” as it barely provides any coverage at all. But to be fair, Olay does state that this product can be worn alone or, if you need more coverage, under foundation (and unless you have near-perfect skin, you're going to want more coverage).

 The sticker on my tube also says “colour” and “correction” but this product doesn’t provide either of those qualities, nor does it do any “tone correcting.” Despite what the sticker says, this product is really just a slightly tinted moisturizer, not a true CC cream.

As for fighting those seven signs of aging, after multiple weeks of near daily use, I didn’t notice any difference with my skin. Now, I do need to point out that my skin's probably a bit too young for this product but I do have some fine lines on my forehead and like almost every one, I could do with more moisture and luminosity. Unfortunately, I didn’t notice any remarkable improvements in either of those areas while using this product. I feel that if this cream can't even fight dry patches, it's not going to do a stellar job at fighting trickier skin issues like age spots. 

It’s a shame that this moisturizer didn’t do much for my skin because it actually felt quite nice on my face thanks in part to its not too thin, not too thick texture. It absorbed quickly, didn’t leave my skin shiny and didn’t interfere with my makeup. It also has a faint, non-offensive order.

Olay’s CC cream retails for around $20. Thankfully, since I received this product as part of my summer Luxe Box, I didn’t actually pay for it.

Would I buy this product: Nope, it does nothing for me.

Should you buy this product: This isn’t a product that I recommend that you actively seek out. However, if, like me, you happen to end up with a bottle, do go ahead and use it. It’s not a bad product, just not an impressive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment