Sunday, March 17, 2013

Cake Milk Made Smoothing White Sugar Body Scrub and Nourishing Body Butter


If you’re one of those people who, for whatever reason, aren't into highly fragranced beauty products, stop reading now.  And if you’re someone who hates the scent of vanilla cake, also stop reading now because the stars of today’s review, Cake’s Milk Made Smoothing White Sugar Body Scrub and Nourishing Body Butter, smell exactly like that and it’s not a mild scent. Oh no, these products are two of the most highly scented items I've ever used.

And personally, I'm okay with that. I love the smell of vanilla cake and I even more, I love the smell of these products. Yes, it’s strong but it’s sweet and cakey and just all around amazing.

And just as amazing are the results of these two products. I've always used them together, so I can’t comment on how they work independently but I can say that together they do indeed leave skin “deeply hydrated, velvety smooth and ravishingly radiantly.”

The previous quote is actually used to describe the results of the scrub, which Cake says will also “slough away dryness…” and “nourish and exfoliate at the same time.” I completely agree with both of these statements. Made primarily with real white sugar, this is one of those scrubs that you can really feel working, ridding your skin of its top, dead layer.

In addition to sugar, this product contains whole milk, cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut oil. Together, these ingredients worked to moisturise skin by literally coating it in a light, silky film that I only noticed when I touched my skin.

The moisturiser is also packed with some great ingredients including aloe vera oil, mango butter, macadamia nut oil and more coconut oil and whole oil. The result is a very rich moisturiser that feels as great as it smells and that absorbs without any greasiness or shine. It also does indeed, “Nourish, smooth and care for your body.” I skipped bringing either product on vacation with me and within a few days realized I’d made a mistake; my skin was clearly and visibly drier than it had been the week before.

Both products also produce their top-notch results without the use of “parabens, sodium chloride, phthalates, GMO's, mineral oil, petroleum  gluten (or) triclosan.” (They do however, and not surprisingly, contain “fragrance.”)

The only thing I don’t love about these products are the price. The scrub runs $32 for a 21 oz. jar while the butter is $24 for an 8 oz. jar so these items are definitely pricier than anything you’ll get at The Body Shop. But they just smell so great and work so wonderfully that I think they’re worth the extra money.

Would I buy these products again: Yes! I'm currently finishing off a scrub and body butter from The Body Shop and those two products are almost done I’ll be picking up some more Cake Milk Made Smoothing White Sugar Body Scrub and Nourishing Body Butter because while the two Body Shop products do an above-average job, the Cake ones do an outstanding job.

Should you buy these products: If you’re good with strongly, and sweetly, scented products, the answer to that question is an easy “yes.” However, if the price of these items means that you can only pick one, go for the moisturiser  While I do love the feeling of the scrub, I do believe that of the two products, it’s the moisturiser that’s giving me the great results.

No comments:

Post a Comment