Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara


Mascara Week got off to a strong start on Tuesday with Tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! but today we've hit a bump in the road with Lancome’s Hypnose Star mascara.

For a product that retails for over $30, this mascara is surprisingly weak in certain areas. While it does deliver drama, it also delivers tons of flakes. I didn't even have this product on for two hours before pieces of this mascara started dropping from my lashes and onto my face. And by the end of the work day my lashes looked a more “blah” than “wow.”

But they did definitely start out with plenty of “wow.” Lancome claims that this product provides “Glamorous Volume. Alluring Length” and I agree, it does, though you have to work to get either quality. To get the most out of this product, you need to follow Lancome’s four-step instructions on how to use this mascara’s two-sided brush. The instructions definitely work but they’re kind of a pain to follow.

Not following the instructions will still give you plenty of volume though I wouldn't quite call it “show-stopping.” Instead, I’d go with “above average.” Skipping them can also lead to clumps and general lash messiness.

This mascara does wash off cleanly but given how easily it flakes I guess that last quality isn't surprising.


Who Will Win Mascara Week? 

Tarte lights, camera, lashes!
Lancome Hypnose Drama
Stila Glamoureyes
Benefit They're Real
Ease of application*******
Results********
Staying power******
Price*****

All rankings are out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment