Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Eyeko Lengthening Skinny Mini Brush Mascara


I'd never heard of Eyeko Lengthening Skinny Mini Brush Mascara until a couple of weeks ago, when it started popping up in people's winter 2012 Luxe Box reviews. But as soon as I saw it, I wanted it because the idea sounded so interesting: Instead of being packaged in a hard tube, like almost all other mascaras, this one is packaged in a squeeze tube so you can use up more product.

I did end up receive this product in my box but unfortunately, it's not as great as I would hoping it would be.

The squeeze tube packaging aspect actually is a great idea and this is a very nice-looking product. However, the mascara itself tends to clump and goes on rather messily.

I found that this mascara always went on very clumpy when I first applied it to one eye but would go on much cleaner when I applied it to the other eye (and yes, I was dipping the brush back in the tube before I moved on to the second eye).

I blame the brush for these odd results. The Lengthening Skinny Mini Brush Mascara uses the same brush as the Skinny Brush Mascara and over on the latter’s product page, Eyeko describes the brush as “dramatically different.” According to the company, this brush will “…grab and capture even the shortest lashes to lengthen and extend like no other.” I do agree that this brush did a decent job at lengthening my lashes; it just did it in a rather messy way.

I think what’s happening is that the brush is collecting too much mascara goop while it’s sitting in the tube and as a result the first eye is a bit of a mess. I did try de-gooping the brush before using it and this did improve things however it was a pain to do and not something I would be willing to do every morning.


When this product did cooperate, it did “create a BIG EYE look” just like Eyeko claimed it would and the mascara’s pro-vitamin B formula did leave my lashes feeling “soft and supple.”  This mascara also stayed in place, with minimal flaking.

Eyeko’s mascara line features a total of five products, three of which use completely different brush designs. I would be curious to try one of these items out because I think Eyeko’s actual mascara formula is quite good, it’s just the brush that comes with this particular product that’s not so good.

Would I buy this product: No, I wouldn't buy the Eyeko Lengthening Skinny Mini Brush Mascara however I would consider picking up the Eyeko Black Magic Mascara.

Should you buy this product: This particular product is only available as part of a mascara-and-eyeliner duo that retails for £18.00. Personally, I would recommend passing on it and instead either trying out one of Eyeko’s other mascaras or try another brand altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment