Thursday, November 8, 2012

Clinique’s Rinse-off Eye Makeup Solvent Vs. Yves Rocher Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes


My go-to makeup remover is Clinique’s Rinse-off Eye Makeup Solvent. It doesn't irritate my eyes or skin, doesn't leave any kind of residue and does do a great job at removing even heavy black makeup.

But over the last few weeks I've been using a different eye makeup remover: Yves Rocher Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes, which I received earlier this year in one of my Luxe Boxes.

Like the Clinique product, the Yves Rocher makeup remover is ophthalmologist tested and designed to be as gentle as possible on the eyes and eye area. Both items are also wipe-on, wipe-off products, that are quick and easy to use and don’t require water or rising. But the Yves Rocher remover is free of parabens and is significantly cheaper than the Clinique one (about $6 versus $20) so I was hoping that maybe I could replace my bottle of Clinique’s Rinse-off Eye Makeup Solvent with a bottle of Yves Rocher Gentle Makeup Remover.

Unfortunately for my wallet, there’s no comparison between these two products: The Clinique one kicks the Yves Rocher one’s bottle.

Now, the latter product does do a lot of what it claims to do. It was very gentle on my contact-lens wearing eyes and it did leave “behind a feeling of freshness.”  And it did do a good job at removing light eye makeup. But when it came to removing heavier makeup, like Benefit’s They’re Real mascara or Maybelline’s Color Tattoo 24HRS eye shadow well, just look at the photo below.


And that’s after multiple wipes. Now compare the above photo to the one below, which shows the results of removing the same makeup with several swipes of the Clinique makeup remover.


I guess I'm sticking with my Clinique.

Would I but this product: Nope. It just doesn't work for me.

Should you buy this product: Not if you wear heavy and/or glittery eye makeup. But if you generally keep your look light and natural, this product will likely work for you (though if that’s how you wear your makeup, you likely don’t need an eye makeup remover, just a good cleanser).

My hand before I tried out the removers


No comments:

Post a Comment