Sunday, October 21, 2012

Shoppers' Fall Beauty Bonus


I didn't think I’d be taking advantage of Shoppers Drugmart’s current fall beauty bonus offer, which is 13 deluxe-sized samples in a makeup case if you spend $125 at any Beauty Boutique location. But then on Saturday, Shoppers held a 20 times the Optimum points event and I figured, hey why not get a head start on my Christmas shopping while at the same time, stocking up on points and getting something for me?

So yesterday morning I headed out to my favourite drugstore, spent too much money and took home the beauty bonus that contained these items:

  • Clarins Hydraquench Cream-gale
  • Benefit They’re Real Mascara
  • Prevage Face Advanced Anti-aging Serum
  • Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Treatment
  • Lab Series Multi-action Face Wash
  • Biotherm Lait Corporel Body Milk
  • Strivectin Power Serum
  • Lise Watier Age Control Supreme The Eye Care
  • Lancome La Base Pro (a primer)
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer 
  • Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura Eau de Toilet 
  • Coach Poppy Eau de Toilet
  • Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Body Lotion

I'm thrilled with almost all of these samples. In fact, the only one that’s a bit disappointing is the Wonderstruck body lotion but maybe I can give that away as a gift to someone.

I'm most looking forward to trying out the Korres and Lancome products and yes, you can expect to see reviews on both of those items in the upcoming weeks.

The samples were packaged in a surprisingly spacious and practical silver makeup case. Often times these cases are kind of ugly and/or poorly made but not this one.  This attractive case seems to be quite durable and includes several useful features such as pockets that are perfect for makeup brushes and a smaller, detachable mesh bag. I’ll definitely be using this item on my next trip.

Overall, I'm quite happy with this bonus and I hope that Shoppers runs this promo again next fall.  I know that it usually runs similar ones in the spring and summer but spending $125 at a Beauty Boutique, and yes, only products found in the physical Beauty Boutique space count, can be hard to justify. Thankfully, Christmas gifts provide the perfect justification for the fall bonus.

If you want to pick up the fall bonus, head over to your local Shoppers Drugmart Beauty Boutique now because this offer wraps up this Friday, October 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment