Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser


I have found my new every-day face wash: Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser.  OK, things aren't perfect (as I write this I have a nasty and highly visible pimple on my forehead) but since I started using this wash in June my skin has steadily improved in appearance and now looks better than it has in months.

This product claims that it, “…gently removes impurities and improves complexion for fresh, clean skin.” While I do have some issues with the “impurities” part, I find the rest to be completely true.

Prior to switching to this wash I was having ongoing issues with dry spots on/around my nose as well as with blemishes. But since using this wash the dry spots have virtually disappeared and the number of blemishes has dropped so much that sometimes my skin is truly and utterly “clear.”

Well, clear of pimples and red spots. While this wash does a great job at battling them, it could be better at getting deep into my pores and clearing those out of gunk.

Funnily enough, deep pore cleansing is one of the claims that Neutrogena makes about this product. According to them, it will, “…penetrate deep into pores to detoxify and help remove dirt, oil and makeup, while rinsing clean without pore-clogging residue.”

While I don’t find that this product gets down into my pores, it certainly does a great job of washing the surface of my skin and I’m sure that one of the reasons for the decline in blemishes is the fact that this cleanser rinses away cleanly.

Another reason for the lack of blemishes might be because this wash contains natural salicylic acid, due to the inclusion of Willowbark as one of the ingredients.

Speaking of the ingredients, I love how they’re listed on the back of the bottle, in a clear chart that explains the sources of the natural ones (which make up 90% of this product). I wish all beauty products did this.


And I wish all beauty products were as healthy as this one, which contains no sulfates, parabens or dyes, wasn't tested on animals and is packaged in a container made out of post-consumer recycled plastic.

However, I did notice one odd thing about this “natural” product:  It contains artificial fragrances, usually one of the first ingredients that a real natural product ditches. Personally I do like the light, slightly fruity scent of this item but I could happily do without it.

Would I buy this product again:
Yes! While it’s not perfect, it is an effective cleanser and it’s priced at a very reasonable $14 or so.

Should you buy this product: This product is aimed at those of us who have issues with blemishes so if you fall into that group, consider checking this product out since it does a great job at fighting pimples without over drying skin.

2 comments:

  1. I was in need of a new face was when I read this so I bought it last week. So far so good, I think it will work well for an everyday face wash and I do like the mild scent. How much did you pay? It was $9.99 in NYC but I got a 10% discount with my student ID. I wonder how long it will last, it seems like a small bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I paid $12 or $13 at Shoppers, a store I find pricier than Duane Reade. I think it should last at least a month, assuming that you also picked up a 177ml bottle.

    ReplyDelete