Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Redken’s Color Extend Shampoo & Conditioner

I received samples of Redken’s  Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner in my February Luxe Box but only started using them a couple weeks ago, after I added new highlights to my hair.

Redken claims that these products, “Extend the life of color-treated hair by fighting the four causes of color change” and so far that seems to be true. It’s been over a week but my new highlights look like they were just done yesterday.

Besides extending the life of one’s colour, the shampoo promises, “… to leave hair manageable, refreshed and shiny” while the conditioner claims that it detangles and protects while adding in more shine power.

Again, I found all of these claims to be true. Not only do these products make my highlights look great, they also make my actual hair look and feel amazing. Since I’ve started using this line, the moisturize level in my hair has soared, which less frizz, fewer fly-aways and more shine.

When you look at the ingredients these products contain, you can see why they work so well.  In addition to silicones and ceramide, which add strength and shine, both products also contain ion blockers, for colour stability, and most importantly, UV filters, to protect against sun damage.

Both products do have a slightly sweet scent to them that I quite liked, though I can see how someone might hate it. They also don’t deliver much in the lather department though again, that’s fine by me.

Personally, the only thing I don’t love about these products is the price. At around $20 a bottle this stuff isn’t cheap but giving what I spend on my highlights, it only makes sense to purchase something that’s going to help make them last.

Will I buy this product in the future? Yes, I’ll likely pick up these items up the next time I highlight my hair.

Should you buy this product? It’s worth the money if you have coloured hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment