Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Bonus Luxe Box


Back in February, the Globe and Mail sent me an email that explained that because I subscribed to that paper, I was entitled to receive a free Luxe Box. After some shipping confusion (the wrong name was put on my box, which meant I couldn’t pick it up from the post office and had to get it to send the box back to Luxe Box’s office), I received my bonus box today. Here’s what it contained:


  • Nubar Nail Polish in – Full-size
  • DDF Advanced Firming Cream – 14 g
  • Fekkai Advanced Salon Technician Colour Care Rapid Results Moisture Mask - 9 g
  • Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her - small sample size
  • Paco Rabanne Lady Million - small sample size

Not the best box I’ve received but certainly not the worst. Of course, it’s kind of wrong to compare this box to my other ones because I didn’t receive this box because I subscribe to Luxe Box. No, I received it because I subscribe to the Globe.

The goal behind this box is to expose Globe subscribers to Luxe Box and hopefully get them to join the service. If I was someone new to Luxe Box, and had never received a previous box, I think I would be pretty impressed with what I received. After all, it contains a full-size nail polish that normally retails for $8. That’s more than half of the cost of the box right there.

It also contains a generous sample of a face cream that retails for $130 for a 48 g-sized bottle. This is my third sample of this particular product (I now have almost the equivalent of a full-size bottle), so I was annoyed to see it again. But if I was new to Luxe Box, I would be thrilled to get the chance to properly try out something so fancy.

I would also be quite pleased with the other items in this box and in real life, I am happy with them, even though the perfumes are duplicate items (thankfully I like the scents).

As long as other people didn’t run into the same shipping issues that I did, I can see this promo being quite successful, assuming of course people don't get turned off by the fact that there's currently a wait list to join the site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment